Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollment Site
Heard about the Affordable Care Act but not sure where to start? Our trained staff will help you understand the health care coverage options available to you. Here are 10 things you need to know to get enrolled.
1. If you don’t already have health coverage, the Health Insurance Marketplace is a new way to find and buy health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs.
2. The current period is considered a Special Enrollment Period and is open to those who have a Qualified Life Event such as changes in income, marriage, birth or adoption, moving outside of your service area, or loss of health coverage (divorce, job loss, older than 26).
3. With one simple application, you can compare plans and explore any free or low-cost programs you may qualify for through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
4. If you have Medicare, you’re already covered and do not need to make any changes.
5. The information is all available online, but you can apply 4 ways: online, by phone, by mail, or in-person with the help of NorthShore’s trained staff.
6. Each health plan will generally offer comprehensive coverage, including a core set of essential health benefits like doctor visits, preventive care, maternity care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and more.
7. No matter where you live, there will be a Marketplace in your area, offering plans from private companies where you’ll be able to compare your health coverage options based on price, benefits, quality, and other features important to you before you make a choice.
8. Health insurance companies selling plans through the Marketplace cannot deny you coverage or charge you more due to pre-existing health conditions, and they cannot charge women and men different premiums based on their gender.
9. Marketplaces will be operated by your state, the federal government, or a partnership of the two, but each Marketplace will give you the same access to all of your Marketplace coverage options.
10. NorthShore has trained staff available to provide fair, accurate and impartial information to help you make an informed choice. Call NorthShore today at (219) 763-8112 or (888) 313-8557. You can also visit www.healthcare.gov or call the Health Insurance Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596
NorthShore Health Centers is an also enrollment site for Hoosier Healthwise (HHW) program. The State of Indiana offers this health care program for low income families including children and pregnant women. HHW may cover children up to the age of 19 depending on family income. A member or member’s family may be eligible for coverage of medical care such as doctor visits, prescription medicine, mental health care, dental care, hospitalizations, surgeries, and family planning at little or no cost to the patient.
Medicaid Enrollment is available at any of NorthShore Health Center locations. NorthShore can also help you with Insurance Exchange enrollment. For additional information you may need, please feel free to contact us at 219-763-8112.